Dry Cleaning Establishment Remediation Fund - Fact Sheet
To apply for a remediation grant call:
Applications are invited twice a year and deadlines are the last Friday of March and August by NOON.
Provides grants to eligible dry cleaning business operators and landlords for the assessment, clean-up, containment, or mitigation of pollution resulting from releases of tetrachloroethylene, stoddard solvent, or other chemicals used for dry cleaning. The grants may also be used for measures undertaken to prevent such pollution, and for providing potable drinking water when necessary.
The applicant must:
- Be current in filing any state and federal taxes and the dry cleaning establishment surcharge returns imposed by CGS section 12-263m.
- Demonstrate that the affected establishment is using or has previously used tetrachloroethylene or stoddard solvent.
- Be in business at least one year prior to the application for assistance.
- Be the current operator of the establishment or the landlord.
- Demonstrate the need for the requested grant amount from the program.
- Certify that there is no outstanding litigation proceedings involving the applicant and/or his representatives.
- Identify the responsible party to complete the site investigation and remediation including the funding source to complete the project for costs over and above approved state funding.
Grant applications are evaluated based on the following: risk to public health, magnitude of the problem, effectiveness of proposal (cost and environmental effectiveness), applicant's need for assistance date of application and availability of program funds.
Grant Size Restriction
No dry cleaning establishment site shall receive more than $300,000 from the fund. All dry cleaning establishments are to bear the first $10,000 in costs for a given project. Applicants applying in March or August must wait a year before applying for another round of funds.
Length of Project
- Applicants may get maximum state funding up to $300,000 over the life of the project.
- Reimbursement for approved expenses will be subject to available program funding.
Guidelines and Eligibility Requirements; Instructions and Application; Project Financing Plan and Budget and other materials are available through this web site.
Content Last Modified on 9/27/2011 11:28:56 AM